Data Warehouse Engineer for educational culinary product | Remote
Our partner is the largest international network of culinary arts and hospitality institutes in the world with more than 30 schools in 20 countries and 20,000 students of over 100 nationalities trained every year. The company is looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join its team remotely in Poland. Check out the full description below.
Data Warehouse Engineer: Changing the hospitality industry
The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the company’s data warehouse is structured properly, that its data is accurate and available to consume for a wide variety of applications. This also involves a comprehensive understanding of the various tools used within the network and the type of data they hold, as well as the various integrations that are needed to make the data flow from and to our systems.
The Data Engineer will support the reporting and decision-making of the company which will require good communication with various stakeholders with various degrees of technical abilities. Data Engineers are responsible for delivering high-quality modern Azure data solutions through collaboration with their team and their customers. Projects may range from short-term client assessments to multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.
Data Warehouse Engineer: main responsibilities
- Responsible for Ongoing management of data sources, data flow between systems, and dashboard creation and maintenance of Data Sources;
- Review & audit of all sources of company data (databases, spreadsheets, online platforms) and data repositories
- Making data structured: preparing database, tables, and cubes, a transformation of data to comparable formats;
- Design & Implementation of Dashboard Platform (PowerBI): financial, functional, sales data, educational data, compliance, and risk management, identification and notification of data changes;
- Data flow preparation with tighter integrations and accuracy in a timely manner and elimination of manual data entry.
- Being a part of the team and working together with colleagues to understand how your changes affect the global picture.
What is the main requirements for a Data Warehouse Engineer:
- 4+ years of experience with PowerBI, MS SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling), data mining, segmentation technique;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn and support new applications and solve problems;
- Excellent communication skills with good command of written and spoken English and ability to communicate technical information to stakeholders;
- Ability to work as part of a team, independently, with good organizational skills and to set and meet deadlines and determine priorities;
- Willingness in working with diverse cultures.
Nice to have knowledge:
- Experience in Azure and Azure DevOps;
- Knowledge of collating data from multiple sources through API queries;
- French language would be a great addition.
What is in it for you?
- Salary: up to 18000 PLN net on the B2B contract;
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of fully remote work;
- The company provides hardware and required training for your self-development and smooth implementation into the project;
- You will have an opportunity to work in an international environment with colleagues in Canada and Australia.
Recruitment process (approximately 2 weeks long)
After an online interview on phone with Close Europe recruiters to discuss this position and talk about your experience (30 minutes):
- Online interview with development team members – theoretical part (around 1 hour).
- Online interview with practical part (around 1 hour).
After finishing the interview process you receive an offer letter and, in of acceptance, the company will be glad to welcome you on board!
The Next Step for you:
If that opportunity sounds attractive for you, please forward your CV to Close Europe IT Recruitment at email@example.com.
Close Europe privacy and equal opportunity statements:
Close Europe is an equal opportunity recruitment company and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.