Project Manager for an educational product in culinary
Our partner is the largest international network of culinary arts and hospitality institutes in the world with more than 30 schools in 20 countries and 20,000 students of over 100 nationalities trained every year. The company is looking for a Project Manager to join its remote-first team in Poland. Check out the full description below.
Project Manager for the educational project: About this position
The company is looking for a Project Manager. You will be an integral part of a team of experienced developers and IT professionals and given ample opportunities to learn and share your expertise with colleagues. As a Project Manager, you will act as a key member for the development, testing, and deployment of new and existing applications and other “projects”. The solutions developed will support the extensive network of schools located internationally.
You are the person which feels comfortable with all facets of the development life cycle and is able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Working with minimal supervision, you are able to structure your work to achieve project deadlines. The company is looking for a self-motivated, organized person, which has a passion for new technologies.
Project Manager: main responsibilities
- Manage projects according to a Project Management Framework and Systems Development Lifecycle model.
- Meet with project team and stakeholders to determine the objective, scope, costs, and timeframe of the project(s) by discussing business and technical requirements;
- Prepare detailed project charters, business cases, tracking schedules, communications, and project management plans based on standards covering objectives, activities, tasks, dependencies, milestones, deliverables, and resource requirements;
- Prepare and communicate project schedules using Project Management Office (PMO) standard tools;
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and critical paths, anticipating and effectively addressing any potential bottlenecks and roadblocks. Manage risks, issues, and change requests for each project(s);
- Monitor deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion date using a ticketing system and ensure proper follow-ups with the various stakeholders;
- Managing stakeholder expectations and delivering work within the scope and budget;
- You will know what is happening with the project at every stage and will ensure project deliverables and milestones are tracked effectively. Project reporting, status updates, and document management will be key elements of your role;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results. Be proactive and self-starting. Show availability and willingness to go above and beyond expectations whenever possible;
- Reflect a positive attitude, demonstrate competence and professionalism, treat members with respect, exercise care, devote full attention and find solutions;
- Accept and give feedback, and join forces with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure that the final product is up to the company standard and quality.
What are the main requirements for a Project Manager:
- 3-4+ years of experience in project management;
- Exceptional planning and time management skills – ability to organize and execute several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, prioritize tasks and negotiate with stakeholders;
- Meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to direct and manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Exceptional project leadership skills, strategic thinking, and problem-solving;
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources and create reports;
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with local and virtual team members, key stakeholders, and the leadership team;
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, anticipate, identify and eliminate roadblocks, and know when to escalate to keep projects moving forward;
- Assessing/resolving problem situations and project risk by implementing mitigation strategies and contingency plans;
- Ensure all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information;
- Microsoft suite, Azure DevOps knowledge;
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
Nice to have knowledge:
- French language skills would be an additional plus;
- Experience in CMS, CRM, and e-commerce software;
- Proven experience working in a team to provide client-focused solutions;
- Project management software.
What is in it for you?
- Salary: up to 16-17 K PLN net on the B2B contract;
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of fully remote work;
- The company provides hardware f0r your convenience;
- The company provides required training for your self-development and smooth implementation into the project;
- You will have an opportunity to work in an international environment with colleagues in Canada and Australia.
Recruitment process (approximately 2 weeks long)
After an online interview on phone with Close Europe recruiters to discuss this position and talk about your experience (30 minutes):
- Online interview with development team members (around 1 hour).
- Online interview with the CEO of the company (around 1 hour).
After finishing the interview process you receive an offer letter and, in of acceptance, the company will be glad to welcome you on board!
The Next Step for you:
If that opportunity sounds attractive to you, please forward your CV to Close Europe IT Recruitment at email@example.com.
Close Europe privacy and equal opportunity statements:
Close Europe is an equal opportunity recruitment company and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.