Senior Data Engineer for custom software consulting company
Our client is a US-based (Chicago) custom software consulting company. They have enterprise, web, mobile, and social practices and are experts in the latest technologies. They are willing to expand their software team and therefore are looking for a Data Engineer to join the team. You may find the full description below.
Who are we looking for – Senior Data Engineer
Location: Any city in Poland (100% remote). The fast-growing company is expanding its international team and looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team in Poland. The company offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly collaborative environment. The team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations which are clients of the company. The company’s passion for developing the best solutions to today’s enterprise challenges makes them a rewarding place to work.
Why is it worth joining this company?
- People – technically strong team members, a decent amount of which is working in the company for a long time, and even returning to the company after trying another environment.
- Loyal and helpful management with no bureaucracy.
- Projects – most of them are in the active development stage, where modern, cloud-related technologies are used.
Senior Data Engineer – Main Responsibilities:
- Use data frameworks to ingest, transform, and load data into staging and target environments using the Microsoft SQL Services Data Tool stack or equivalent;
- Design, code, test, correct, and document programs and scripts using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result;
- Plan effective data storage, security, sharing, and publishing within the organization;
- Ensures data quality and implements tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues using Microsoft SQL Server Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, or equivalent;
- Collaborate with internal and external data providers on data validation providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings;
- Understand how to maintain a technical data quality paradigm to ensure high-quality information and proactive management of issues;
- Work with business intelligence and SMEs to provide technical data context and support when creating business intelligence products such as reports and dashboards;
- Strong understanding of design, development, and implementation of working with the source of truth systems for different business areas in an agile environment;
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Senior Data Engineer – What do you need to know?
- 5+ years of experience, knowledge of MS SQL Server databases and SQL Server Data Tools;
- Strong background in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques;
- Experience with Power BI or Tableau, and SQL Server Reporting Services;
- Preferred to have an experience in Azure cloud or equivalent;
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is a plus;
- Conversational speaking and writing English skills.
Senior Data Engineer – What is in it for you?
- Excellent salary compensation: up to 33000 PLN net on a B2B basis or up to 26-27000 PLN Gross UoP;
- Private health insurance for employees and family members;
- 26 days of vacations on a B2B basis contract;
- Monthly social bonus for activities of your choice: sport, entertainment, English classes;
- Annual salary-based bonus;
- Modern equipment/hardware for work;
- The company provides training, budget for participation in courses, and receive certificates, which can be covered by 50 or 100%;
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work remotely 100%.
Recruitment process (approximately 2 weeks long)
After an online interview on phone with Close Europe recruiters to discuss this position and talk about your experience (30 minutes):
- Dialogue based soft skills & technical interview (around 1,5 hours);
- An interview with a delivery manager from the US (30 minutes).
After finishing the interview process you receive an offer letter and, in case of acceptance, the company will be glad to welcome you on board!
The Next Step for you:
Sounds like a new challenge for you? If you like to become a valuable part of this project, please forward your CV to Close Europe IT Recruitment at email@example.com.
Close Europe privacy and equal opportunity statements:
Please note that all applications are treated with strict confidence Close Europe will never share your data outside our organization without your prior written consent. Close Europe is an equal opportunity recruitment company and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.