Software Architect for for Scandinavian projects
Our client is a Scandinavian software development company which is actively growing. They are working on development of EdTech application for Norwegian market and looking for a Software Architect which will join the team remotely in Poland or in their office in Kraków.
Software Architect: about this opportunity
We are looking for a Software Architect with a broad experience from complex product development, cloud and microservices based architecture, and digital service delivery processes. As a Software Architect you will be a part of the leadership team navigating the engagement together with the Client Director, the Enterprise Architect and Project Managers. We are looking for a person with prior experience in leading multiple tech teams, taking responsibility for communication with business stakeholders and translating business needs into technical requirements and backlogs of epics, user stories and tasks.
The scope of the assignment includes both maintaining existing applications and services, as well as implementing new solutions and service layer modernization. Therefore, an ability to quickly navigate an existing codebase of high complexity is required. The ideal candidate has extensive coding experience, although hands-on coding on a daily basis is not in scope of the role.
Location: Kraków or 100% remote from Poland.
What is the key responsibilities?
- Communicating with the client and other stakeholders to discover business requirements.
- Providing input to product backlogs, plans and roadmaps.
- Facilitating workshops of a technical nature (related to topics such as estimation and risk assessment).
- Translating business requirements and user stories into work items in the product backlog.
- Leading development team(s), ensuring best practices of software engineering are in place, and that developers are equipped with tools and specifications to work effectively.
- Technical design and documentation of architecture and flows.
- Mentoring less experienced team members, providing code-reviews when needed.
- Collaborating with international customers and distributed teams.
Software Architect – Who are we looking for? We hope that you:
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- 10 years programming full-stack experience (ideally .NET or Java) and 3 years in technical leading roles, facing external and international clients;
- Excellent communication skills to be able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders on different organizational levels, both internally in our company and with our client(s)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Computer/IT Systems, Software Development).
- Knowledge and practical experience of the product lifecycle, from product design through testing best practices, delivery, go-lives up to end-of-maintenance stages.
- Experience in designing and delivering cloud-based digital solutions, with a service-oriented architecture.
- Deep understanding of diverse aspects of software development including design patterns, authentication, performance, security, infrastructure set-up, continuous integration, DevOps.
- Practical experience with Agile working practices (Scrum, Kanban).
- C1 level in English is necessary to ensure the ability to communicate effectively about business and technical subjects with different audiences (customers, project teams, business stakeholders) as well as having solid presentation skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with scaled Agile frameworks.
- Cross cultural awareness.
What is in it for you?
- Attractive salary range: up to 22500-28000 PLN Gross (UoP) OR 170-210 PLN/h net (B2B).
- Independent role that is a part of the leadership team;
- You get 112 hours (14 days!) per year to spend on self-development (conferences, hackathons, online trainings, etc.);
- 5000 PLN per year for an individual development plan with courses, international conferences, and other personal development initiatives of your choice;
- Workation allowance – the possibility to combine traveling and work financed by the company;
- The company provides English classes;
- Social benefits (MultiSport card, life insurance, private medical healthcare from LuxMed);
- Flat structure with opportunity to reach CEO or other managers directly, non-corporate environment;
- Flexible working hours, 30-minute lunch break included in working time, relaxing breaks, opportunity to work 100% remotely;
- Real impact and contribution to the way the company works;
- A possibility for developing your passions in different interest groups, for instance, yoga classes;
- For those who like travelling – possibility to visit Oslo, Copenhagen, and Stockholm;
- For those who prefers to work on-site – a great office in Kraków Old Town with air purifiers and bicycle stands, only a 5-minute walk away from Kraków’s Main Square.
Recruitment process (approximately 1,5-2 weeks long)
After an online interview on phone with Close Europe recruiters to discuss this position and talk about your experience (around 30 minutes):
- HR conversation – a phone call to provide you more information and know you better (30 minutes);
- Technical Tech Lead/Tech Advisor related to Azure, Kubernetes, Docker (20 minutes);
- Soft skills-related conversation with the Hiring Manager (2 hours).
After finishing the interview process you receive an offer letter and, in case of acceptance, the company will be glad to welcome you on board!
The Next Step for you:
If that opportunity sounds attractive to you, please forward your CV to Close Europe IT Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting the application, you consent to the processing of your personal data by Vladyslav Muzhylivskyi operating under the business name Vladyslav Muzhylivskyi Close Europe with its registered office in Krakow (Tax ID 6751522794) for the recruitment purposes. You also consent to the processing of your personal data contained in the recruitment application submitted by you to Vladyslav Muzhylivskyi operating under the business name Vladyslav Muzhylivskyi Close Europe with its registered office in Krakow (Tax ID 6751522794), for the purposes of future recruitment processes, but not longer than for a period of 2 years from the date of granting this consent.
Close Europe privacy and equal opportunity statements:
Close Europe is an equal opportunity recruitment company and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.